NEGATIVE WATERCOLOUR with a POSITIVE TWIST
INSTRUCTOR: HENNY DAGENAIS
DATES: MARCH 26, APRIL 2, 16, 2012
TIME: Monday evenings from 7 to 9pm.
CLASS FEE: $70.00
Henny will guide you through a different approach with water colour. This is not the traditional style of water colour painting but rather a more loose and unique format. What is called a “negative approach” of painting is by far a positive experience that will in lighten and inspire you. By using only basic colours and minimal supplies you will paint from behind an object that you create and bring that shape forward in your artwork. No formal art experience necessary
MATERIALS TO BRING: This is a very inexpensive Water Colour workshop with great results.
• flat plastic or Masonite board to mount paper
• Water colour paper 140 lb or a paper block
• Different size Filbert brushes (are the best) or whatever you have. Preferably brushes that come to a point!! I have come across some “Dollar Rama”brushes. Look for the ones with a clear handle!
• Windsor Newton paints: any bright yellows, pinks, blues,
• Needed W/N paints: raw sienna, burnt sienna and cobalt blue
• “Crafter/Fabric Sharpie” fine point markers: White, Aqua Blue, Pink, Red. “Michaels” sometimes has them on sale
(Not mandatory but makes great special effects.)
• Masking tape if using a Masonite board
• Spray bottle, Plastic containers, Paper towels, Coarse Salt
• Hair Dryer (if possible)
REGISTRATION: ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED; In person, by telephone or through the Website. Please make payment arrangements by telephone when using website registration.
Address: Beaux-Arts Brampton, 70 Main St. North next to Vivian Lane.
PLEASE NOTE: Only PAID registrations will have a spot reserved.
BY TELEPHONE: 905.454.5677 or 1.866.339.7779
PAYMENTS ACCEPTED: Cheque - With advance Registration only, Cash or Debit in person, Visa or MasterCard by telephone.
BUSINESS HOURS: Tuesday to Friday Noon to 6 pm AND Saturday 9 am to 3 pm
DISCOUNTS: For registrations paid 4 weeks prior to the start date of any courses offered by Beaux-Arts Brampton you get a $10.00 discount on the fee. (*Does not apply to classes offered by independent instructors) Seniors & Beaux-Arts Members get a $10.00 discount on all Beaux-Arts run classes. Your place in the class is not reserved until your payment is received.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS: In the event the minimum enrollment is not achieved 14 days prior to the start date of the class, the class may be cancelled and your payment fully refunded. Every effort will be made to reschedule the class at a later date. There are no refunds for no show participants.
WITHDRAWALS: If you wish to withdraw from the program, your fee minus a $25.00 Administration Charge will be refunded only if requested in writing at least 14 days prior to the start day of the class.